Stay active and find creative expression from home!
Please keep tuned as we expand these programs to combat social isolation during this time of social distancing!
SELECT FROM THE LINKS TO ACCESS OUR REMOTE PROGRAMMING:
- MOVEMENT SPEAKS®/ Guest Artist Series Free On-line ZOOM Classes
- Daily classes Monday-Friday at 10AM and 1:30PM
- MOVEMENT SPEAKS® is the core program of Dances for a Variable Population. Created and developed by Naomi Goldberg Haas.
- Click link above to access Daily Schedule and links to classes
- Guest Artist Series Wednesdays at 1:30pm:
- 1/27, Sandra Rivera, Essence and Forms of Flamenco
These workshops will introduce students to key components of flamenco – posture, bracero y floreo (arm and hand movement) and adherence to compás, the rhythmic pattern that guides flamenco. In addition, participants will learn the first section of Sevillanas, a key dance in flamenco training.
- 2/3 & 2/10, Diane Jacobowitz, A Study of Essentrics®
Essentrics is on a mission to establish the true meaning of what it is to be fit at every age and stage of your life, with a special focus on age prevention and reversal through movement. We believe that fitness should not be measured with an index, in miles, in muscle mass or in speed. Rather, it should be measured in one’s ability to move freely, live actively and without pain. The goal of the Essentrics Workout is to create a balanced body such that the strength in your muscles doesn’t inhibit your movement, and your mobility is enhanced by your strength. Essentrics dynamically combines strengthening and stretching to develop a strong, toned body with the complete ability of moving each joint and muscle freely and with full range of motion. Learn more here!
- 2/17 & 2/24, Jason Samuels Smith, Tap Dance Trials
Modified tap dance, with basic steps geared for the older dancer. Tap shoes helpful but not required!
- 3/3 & 3/10, Pat Hall, Afro-Haitian Dance
- Tuition Based Classes
- Click link above to register and pay for classes (OPEN JUNE 23, 2020)
- Monday – Basic Fitness with Naomi
- Wednesday – Theraband Tone & Sculpt with Gierre
- Thursday – Modern Dance for Life with Naomi
- Saturday – Cardio Dance Party with Marisol
- Sunday – Modern Dance for Life with Gierre
- Videos of Exercises and recorded MOVEMENT SPEAKS® Classes
- Click link above to access videos
- Phone Classes
- Daily classes in English Monday – Saturday, 11am-12pm
- Call 339-207-6343 to join
- To join TOLL FREE call (844) 854-2222 and enter the Access Code 105424#